Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Robs Word Reboot

So there are couple of words that I like but don't have a good use for them anymore, so I figured why not give them a reboot:

1. Fort: Now to be fair I've been using this one for a few years, but this is going to be the public unveiling of it. No one really uses forts anymore, but it's a good name, it implies safety, refuge, and strength. That's why I no longer have a home office, I have a fort. No need to really narrow this down much more than that, it's a place to store collectibles, computer and networking equipment, and generally kill things from. Home office == fort.

2. Communist: Having been a child of the 70's and 80's communism has always had connotations of evil and bad. To be honest I miss calling things communist, so just last week I decided to start using tit as a general derogatory term. Don't like someone? He's a communist. Don't like that car? It's communism on wheels. Don't like supper? It's communistic. The word just rolls off your tongue, and the best part is it's not profanity so use it whenever you want.

That's about it, but what more do you need? If you get too many new additions to the vocabulary they lose their effectiveness.

Go forth and use your new found words with passion and commitment. I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment