Monday, May 4, 2009

Dead Rising 2

I was actually planning on doing a blog on another game today but I just ran across this and I had to share it.  In my pursuit of Zombie culture I have ran across a lot of weird and odd things, some good, some not.  I won't go into the "not good" right now because I'm actually quit excited about this, the trailer for Dead Rising 2.

Dead Rising 2

If you've never played Dead Rising all I can say is you are missing out on one of the best games I have ever played.  Classed as a horror survival game, like the Resident Evil series, this game manages to mix some of the most grotesque scenes and bone chilling horror seemlessly along with humor and a good time; if you don't believe me go play the game and kill a zombie with a shower head.  Go, right now, I'll wait for you to come back.

As you can see from the trailer we are looking at much the same gameplay as the first one, you'll have to rescue survivors and solve the mystery to get the true ending of the game.  Along the way you get to kill as many or as few of the zombies as you want using whatever you can get your hands on for a weapon.  From what I can tell it looks like you can build your own weapons too.

Dead Rising was released in 2006, serving as a flagship title for the then new 360.  This version however is being cross platformed and will be available on the PS3 and PC, along with the 360, offering pretty much everyone the chance to kill zombies by the hundreds.  I have to say that was my favorite part of the game, you didn't have to kill any if you didn't want to, you didn't have to do anything at all, they just let you play the game and end it as you pleased. 

I like choices!  

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about you but I'm pretty excited about killing zombies while wearing a moose head.

    ReplyDelete