Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bikini Samurai Squad




Well, as mentioned in my last post I just had to try this game; here's the cover again, simply because I love it:

What can I say about this game? The gameplay is nothing less than unremarkable, it's a button masher of the first order; the enemies are by and large pathetic, old school zombies, sometimes with guns, and a few other creatures like birds; the bosses are laughable, just pound away on them and jump around a bit; and the settings are mundane, a cityscape, with the odd graveyard thrown in. The only real question that must be asked is, if it's so bad why did I play it for almost 3 hours straight the first time I put it in my 360?

In case you have forgotten about the cover art, may I please point your attention to the top of this article, that says it all. The opening cinematic is nothing less than breathtaking, watching her take a shower and then get "dressed", and I use that term very loosely. Watching her bounce, and I do mean bounce, around the screen with blood spraying and bodies dropping was enough to keep me going for a few hours, and it'll bring me back when I have some more time to commit to gaming.

Last time I said that you don't need to spend money on developers when you get that kind of cover art, but I have to modify that statement as I firmly believe they did spend some money on development and, more importantly, physics. The boobie giggle in this game is absolutely amazing, you find yourself using mainly jump moves just so you can watch those girls move. It must have taken most of their budget to get that one part of the game working correctly, and they did it well. God bless the Japanese!

You want a challenging game with great villains and an interesting story? This game ain't for you buddy. You want to watch mostly naked Asian girls jump and hop around while spraying blood on the camera? Pull up a seat because this game was made for you and me buddy!

2 comments:

  1. This is the greatest post in not only the history of this blog, but the history of any blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say, I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

    ReplyDelete