Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Dear Esther

There isn't much to say about Dear Esther as it isn't a game in any sense I'm accustomed to. I didn't play much of it, although I did play more than I expected to, mostly because I was wondering when something would start happening. The whole thing is nothing more than walking around an island, a very beautifully rendered island,  listening to letters dictated to you; that's it, that's the whole "game".
Looking at this screen cap has literally allowed you to play a part of the game.
I did a bit of reading about it after playing a bit and found that it is a big deal on the indie scene, a whole new genre of game. You may ask, who is going to be playing said genre? I certainly don't know, I just know it won't be me.

2/10, the game is very pleasing on the eyes, and the letters are intriguing in their ambiguity, but there is literally nothing to do here.

No comments:

Post a Comment