Monday, December 15, 2014

Borderlands 2

Borderlands 2 is a magnificent game and might well be perfect if not for a few details.

There is a massive amount of fun to be had in this game, the levels are well crafted and the bad guys are diverse and unique, diversity that follows into the level maps and quests, to a large extent. I do have to say that, although the game delivers a more quantifiable goal than the first one did, I found the ending to be a little weak, however I wasn't really steam rolled by 1 in that aspect either.
The sign says it all, take my word for it.
The character classes are not quite as well balanced as they were in the first, but I'm thinking that was deliberate to try and amp up the multiplayer aspect; I was still able to solo the classes I tried, but some parts of the game were a challenge. The biggest issue I had is one they hyped the most: the loot drops. I spent more time deciding which guns and items to sell and which to keep than I did shooting things trying to kill me, it was a loot overload, plain and simple (we'll call this a First World Problem though). Neither of these may be problems for others, but they put a bit of sand in my craw.

9/10 on this one, a well built and thoroughly enjoyable game that, although I did have a couple gripes with, delivers a great time right up the ending credits. I should also note, some of the DLC is pretty decent and even includes a Christmas themed level.

No comments:

Post a Comment