Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Borderlands

I can sum this whole thing up in 3 words: Borderlands is fun! I enjoyed this game from start (I still love the intro song) to finish and relished every gun I picked up and every bullet I fired from each one. There is no pretension in this game, it doesn't set out to make the world a better place, or tell an epic tale, you simply get an endless shooting gallery with explosive headshots and shotguns filled with acidic pellets that melt your foes, literally.

Borderlands is built for and intended to be played multiplayer, however it is fully playable solo, the game manages to handle ramping perfectly; play solo and you get bad guys, play 2 players, you get more and tougher bad guys, so on and so forth up to 4 players. I have played co-op, but the bulk of my hours have been solo, the game functions equally well in both modes.
This screencap would have added more if there had been a headshot in it, but it communicates the general idea.
The four playable characters each have their unique strengths; I'vee solo'd the game with every one of them and, although the Siren is my favorite, I've enjoyed each one. Whether it be headshotting bandits, putting a well aimed bullet down a skag's throat, or shotgunning raks out of the air, the game delivers fun and good time action in every way.

This is one of my all time favourites, easily top 5 games of all time, and as such deserves nothing less than the best: 10/10, I cannot recommend this game highly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment