Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Yesterday I had the day off work so decided to go to the matinee of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. I didn't have high hopes for this movie as I'm still annoyed with stupid plot choices found in the first Transformers movie. In addition, the physically attractive yet enormously untalented and full of herself Megan Fox got the star headline giving it one strike right off the start.

The movie starts and I'm actually getting into it as it opens with the joint task force of humans and autobots taking out some rogue decepticons. The only huge annoyance in the begining was the introduction of two new autobots obviously added purely for comedy relief. However, they didn't get a lot of screen focus so I never wrote the movie off.

Then they jump to the main human stars showing the beloved Sam Witwicky getting ready to leave home for college. At this point the movie takes a spiraling dive to suckdom. Lets see we started off with a pretty awesome action packed beginning and then the movie turns to Naked Gun style humor totally destroying my emmersion in the story. Let's see cool robot battle followed by dog humping jokes ... just doesn't mesh.

The rest of the movies feels like a split personality one minute futuristic action adventure the next juvenile humping jokes. Now I'm not saying an action movie can't have humor but it shouldn't feel like it's trying to decide if it's going to be Terminator or Animal House and doing as sub par job at both.

I will admit Megan Fox was by far not the worst part of this movie. In fact, her character was maybe the only one I didn't want to have killed but if she had died I wouldn't have been that upset either. Any action scene with the robots was damn cool (except for ones with the comic relief robots) and the fight scene with bumble bee was the highlight of the flick. However, this movie that initially held some promiss turned into a stinking turd. I blame the writers.




No comments:

Post a Comment