Thursday, June 11, 2009

Zero Punctuation Reviews

I've always been a bit torn about game reviews, most of the time I think they spend too much time talking about what is wrong and not enough about what is right. To be fair, a lot of games don't have enough right in them to talk about, but still I like to hear about what is good, not what is bad. Apparently I'm one of the only human beings in the world who actually feels this way so I try to skew my own reviews to reflect my own personal lifestyle choices. Having said all that, I have found a new staple in my future gaming critique diet here.

If you haven't already gone and watched it, the above link is for the Zero Punctuation Review for The Force Unleashed, a game I have an unending love for, but then I chose to play it on the 360 and PS3. If you want another taste of this dudes style check out his Fable II review, I have to say I agreed with everything he said.

What I like about this dude is how he picks apart the dumb and ridiculous in games and blends in the little animations to make it amusing. If you want further examples here's his take on Left 4 Dead and Soul Caliber 4, I loved his take on Left 4 Dead, and couldn't have agreed more with Soulcaliber. The guy is actually amazing to listen to, I'm still wondering if the audio hasn't been edited to sped it up slightly.

I plan to keep track of this dude in the future, but not so much for a review, he gave me almost nothing that I would use to base a decision on a game. What I'll be doing is going back after I've played a game and getting some secondary enjoyment from it. Perfect name for it his reviews too.

Seriously, this dude is funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment