Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Wizorb

Wizorb is not what I was expecting at all, but that doesn't mean I don't like it. At 2.99 full price it is impossible to argue with the value, and it doesn't hurt that it's kind of fun.

Starting it up looks and sounds like a high end 8 bit graphic RPG, but what you get is an RPG crossed with Breakout, an interesting mix to say the least.
All the fun of balls being thrown, with all the heartache of missed catches.
The basic story is you play a wizard who is helping to rebuild a kingdom after an invasion, battling demons makes money that will be used to rebuild, and the battles are fought by you transforming into an orb and being flung against the environment. Like I said, not what I was expecting.

I'm giving this one 9/10, it got extra points for being cheap, but I find myself genuinely enjoying the game, there's something to be said for this style and it's good to see someone innovating.


No comments:

Post a Comment