Thursday, October 16, 2014

Romance of Rome

Romance of Rome is your standard find the item in the junk pile game, there really is little else to describe it, however it managed to keep me engaged long enough to finish it; how, or even better, why, it did is beyond me, but there it is.

This one tries to have a bit more story to it, you're travelling to Rome and need to make money before you get there and, for some unexplained reason, you get money for finding junk in piles. There is a fair bit of story behind this, but, to be honest, I skipped past all of it.

The guys I see in my dumpster probably don't have this much fun.
The point of finding things in other places, then having to come back to the original, or often, three other locations to find the right thing, seems to have given the game a hook needed to keep me playing. The formula used seems to have worked real well, but I think it'd lightening in a bottle, I doubt it would work well used a second time.

I'm giving this one a 6/10, it kept me playing for the hour and a half it took to complete, but I still can't say why this one did when other, similar titles, couldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment