Friday, October 10, 2014

Beat Hazard

Wow, I mean, just wow! What do you say about a game that warns you against seizures during startup? Beat Hazard an awesome little game.

The best way to describe this would be the mutant offspring of Asteroids and a very strong dose of Ecstasy. You control a ship that fires non-stop at all sorts of enemies and obstacles, spinning around in circles and zipping across the screen, picking up powerups as you go.

Maybe it was the result of Tommy Chong molesting an Asteroids game, I just dunno!

A unique twist is that Beat hazard powered by music, from pretty much any source. I only used the files that came with the game, but I'm looking forward to trying it out with some of my own music.

I'm going 7/10 on this one; not a lot of variety to it, but there is enough lights, colours, and shooting to keep the interest of all but the most hardcore ADHD cases. If you find it on sale you should definitely try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment