Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Shank

Shank is a fun little game for what is, essentially, an updated Double Dragon knockoff. A blood drenched side scrolling beat 'em up with just the right amount of attitude, but, be warned, to properly play the game you need a controller.

To be fair, the first thing you see when you start this game up is a message stating that a controller is required for full enjoyment, so I was warned about it. I attempted to map my keyboard to the controls, but was left with limited results; adding a controller did cure much of this ailment.
Got a Street Fighter gone Mexican vibe to it.
You play a super-badass on a tale of revenge through a Mexican town, fighting of gangs on a quest to defeat a man who almost beat you to death. Equipped with knives, guns, grenades, and a chainsaw, you seem well suited to the task at hand. Although fighting games have never ranked high on my lists, this one is not too bad at all.

I'm giving this a 7/10, if it was easier to play on the keyboard I'd go higher, and the controller does work well, but my personal bias is at play here. Viva la Revolucion!

No comments:

Post a Comment