Friday, October 17, 2014

Anodyne

Anodyne came to be by way of another Humble Bundle, although I have no idea which one. I immediately liked this one as it reminded of the Nintendo - Super Nintendo RPG's, games I remember fondly, although I was leery of how much time I would need to invest in the game. I still don't know how much time I'll need, but I think I'll enjoy getting there.

This game is, at its essence, what RPG's would have been like without constant random monster encounters, moving through a map and solving puzzles to continue:
Puzzling!
There is more to it than that, but that's enough to keep me interested. The throw back 8-bit graphics, ultra simple control scheme, and sense of humour in the writing are all wins in my book.

I'm giving this one an 8/10, I haven't finished it yet so I don't know if there is enough to keep me interested long term, but, when it's all said and done, I like this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment