Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Gunpoint

Gunpoint is one of the more interesting games I've ever played. A low resolution spy thriller, it's all about stealth and not really about kills; stealth and really amazing jumping.

You're a professional spy (whatever that means) complete with a trench coat and hat, from what I can tell of the 4 pixels that makeup the main character. If this was simply a stealth focused game I'd arbitrarily dismiss it, but it's actually a very well thought out puzzler.

Yup, that's actually the game right there.
You get a mission, generally to sneak into a building, having to use gadgets to trick guards and power jumps to enter areas. The idea with this game is to figure out how to get around everything without being spotted, guards shoot to kill on sight, but they can be tricked by turning off lights and approaching them from behind.

I'm giving this one an 7/10, it's a really unique idea and I enjoyed the levels I played. I'm betting replayability is pretty low on this one and it's certainly not a glamorous looking game but if you get it on sale it would be worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment