Friday, March 13, 2015

Sleeping Dogs

I picked up Sleeping Dogs on a Steam sale with little or no idea of what I was going to be getting, fortunately this one worked out. This game appealed to me largely because its an updated version of Mafia 2 in a different setting and, as we all remember, I loved me some Mafia 2.

This 3rd person action game has you playing a cop infiltrating the Hong Kong underworld. There isn't a lot of shooting to be done, this game emphasizes the fight mechanic and driving, but it works out really well.
You actually spend a lot of time here.
I'm not too wild about some of the side game action, I could really care what my character looks like, and I found the buffs provided by them to not make enough difference to really matter, but they are an unobtrusive aspect of the game play and shouldn't be a distraction. The game is quite linear in how the story is told, but that appeals to me, I like to be kept on track.

I'm giving this one a 9/10, not perfect, but very very good. If you're looking for a new game to try out you could do much worse than this one, especially if you manage to find it on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment