Friday, March 20, 2015

Deadly 30

Deadly 30 is a bit of a conundrum for me, I like the game a lot, but I don't know if my likes outweigh the problems I have with it. On the positive side, it's fun, it's got a neat concept, and it's definitely cheap; on the down side, it's a major resource hog, it's not very long or diverse, and I don't care for the control scheme.

The game is a WWII side scrolling zombie survival shooter, you start out as an American infantryman (machine gun) but as you progress you pick up other survivors, a Russian sniper (rifle), and a German officer (shotgun). You plod through a few different zones collecting scraps to create new weapons, ammunition, and general upgrades, returning to your base each night to fend off an attack. Rinse, repeat.
Decent looking for the price.
Although the game is fun, there isn't much variety to it, only a couple of different screens, and it can get frustrating as there doesn't seem to be a very good balance to it, I would almost call the difficulty curve broken. Biggest complaint I have though is that the game is a resource hog; the graphics and action are well done in this game, but considering this is a sidescroller, I am consistently amazed by how it bogs my laptop down. The game does warn you of this, but that does little to prepare you for the experience.

I'm going to give this a 7/10, I've gotten more enjoyment out of it than frustration and it is cheap, but this game is definitely not without its flaws. Deadly 30 gets a hesitant recommendation from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment