Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Back to the Future

The Back to the Future series are Telltale games, which,  honestly, should tell you everything you need to know: It's a story driven point and click adventure that you'll pay a little bit too much for, even if you find it on sale.

To be honest, I'm a fan of Telltale, they make good games and obviously put a lot of love into them, which Back to the Future is an excellent example of, even if the price is higher than I'd like. You play through different areas from the movie getting a chance to experience the it in a depth that was previously impossible.

What's not to love? Apparently, according to me anyway, the price is what's not to love, so let me explain: the price they charge is more in line with big title action games, not quite CoD money,  but more than you'd expect to pay for a casual game, which pretty much where point and clicks fall. My opinion is that Telltale pays too much for their licenses, but it could just be their decision to gouge a bit, I don't know.

If you're not a fan of the movie series this may not be for you; the game is full accessible even if you've never seen the movies, but I think it requires some of that context to fully immerse the player. I'll do 7/10 for this one, I've enjoyed it, but it's not cheap, and there is a slight accessibility/engagement issue, but if you like point and click adventures, this is an excellent example of the medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment