Sunday, March 1, 2015

Mirror's Edge

Mirror's Edge is essentially a parkour simulator that wants you to know how much time and effort was put into its graphics. The game also appears to make an effort to do some puzzling, and throws in some FPS elements, but it also requires more patience than you'd expect.

The plot revolves around some manner of police state where these parkour couriers are the only means of disseminating information, apparently (there seems to be a bit of effort put into the story, just not enough to make me care( you play a courier jumping, leaping, and generally climbing across the cityscape.
Pictured: Actual gameplay screencap.
This is a good looking game with excellent physics if you care to learn the control scheme; I did not. There is nothing really wrong with it, the 'puzzling' part of figuring out the route to get you across the level appeals to me, and there is some shooting and fighting to be done, but I didn't really feel any love for my experience in the game.

6/10 for Mirror's Edge, the game seems to be doing what it sets out to accomplish, I'm just not a fan of the heights it's doing it at.

No comments:

Post a Comment