Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Gratuitous Tank Battles

Having already played Gratuitous Space Battles I was pretty sure what I'd be getting from Gratuitous Tank Battles and starting it up offered even less than I hoped for. If you like tower defence games with no character this game is made for you.

Place your turrets along a road and watch them chew up the bad guys who come marching along. There are a multitude of units that can be placed, ranging from infantry to heavy guns, and you can customize the units, but at the end of the day there is little flavour in this, it's strictly roughage to pass time with.
Pictured: A big pile of meh!
The great tower defence games I've played have offered something beyond the core gameplay, usually humour, that keeps me wanting to play. The game looks ok, but by design it doesn't have a lot of graphics going on, same as soundtrack. I'm not holding this against the game, but I am saying it didn't thrill me.

I'm going to go 6/10, the game does what it wants to, and if that's what you're looking for then this game delivers. If you're looking for more, like a story, you'd best just do the walk on by.

No comments:

Post a Comment