Thursday, January 1, 2015

Portal

What does one say about Portal that hasn't already been said? I can't think of anything, but I'll say it anyway, if only because of my inherent eloquence.

I wouldn't call this the perfect game, as many do, but it is an excellent game, one of the better ones I've ever played. There is no character backstory to distract you, or much plot whatsoever, you're just trying to escape a computer mastermind Hell bent on seeing you die in an educational exercise. The game is exceptionally well crafted, with both aesthetics and physics and has probably the best puzzles I've ever encountered, complex in analysis, but simple in execution.
There's a Portal...Hey, I get it now!
The use of  a non destructive gun, while not something I generally advocate, is a singular achievement in gaming and masterfully done in Portal. Some people cite the length as being an issue, and true, this is not a long game, but I think it's the right length, it quits before getting boring.

10/10 for this little gem! I got it free as a gift from Steam a few years back, but it's well worth the full price of admission.



No comments:

Post a Comment