Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Magicka

So, chugging right along through my games, I came across Magicka. All in all this seems like a decent enough game, but I'm not impressed with the control scheme. Having said that, if you manage to find it on sale and need a game to play with friends, this might not be the worst choice you could make.

You play a wizard on the way to saving the world, random encounters and general RPG fun ensue along the way. It would appear this game is designed to be played in groups, but I only judge games by what they do for me.
Pretty game!
The control scheme is mapped out in an interesting way, left clicking your mouse tells your character where to go and fighting is done by selecting magics, which are hot keyed to your standard movement keys, (QWERASDF). This system seems to work ok, but it does take some getting used to, so, if you try it, be prepared for that.

I'm going 6/10 with this guy; I only played through the first level so I don't have a broad perspective yet, and, although I do plan on going back and playing more, I'm not feeling a lot of love for it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment