Saturday, January 3, 2015

Duke Nukem Forever

I picked up Duke Nukem Forever on a Steam sale about a year after it was released; I have no idea what I paid for it anymore, but, whatever it was, it was too much. I doubt this is news to anyone who cares.

Here's everything you need to know about this game: I played through the first 3 levels; at the end of the 3rd level the game crashed and my save for it was lost, my only option to continue on was to replay that entire level. I have never gone back and played that level, it is not worth my time or energy, and I have too much of both right now.
Almost didn't include a screen cap because they are all lies, the game is nowhere near as fun as that looks!
2/10, the game tries hard, gets 1 point for being a shooter, and another for nostalgia, but it's a mess of mechanics and, at the end of the day, no one cares about Duke anymore. If this had been released before 2005 it might have been a better game, but 2011 was way to long in development, this is a bad game.

No comments:

Post a Comment