Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Luxor

Luxor is a catch all for 3 different games in my library, Luxor 2, Luxor Amun Rising, and Luxor Quest for the Afterlife.

Luxor 2 wouldn't start because it needed to be run in compatibility mode for Windows 98, Amun Rising couldn't find its exe and recommended my going to Steam support, but Quest for the Afterlife started with no problems and since it doesn't look like I'm missing anything from the first 2 that's the one I played
Luxor in all its glory.
Game is simple enough, a row of balls is slowly creeping toward your pyramid, but you can't let them in. To this end you shoot similar coloured balls to make 3 or more match up, level is cleared when all the balls are gone. You get power ups and the track winds, hiding balls you want to match to make it more difficult.

This is another one my wife has played extensively but I've never tried before. I have to admit I found myself compelled to play more than I expected. I'm going 6/10 on this, the price is a bit high for what you get, but it is a great looking game, and there is definitely some challenge in it

No comments:

Post a Comment