Thursday, January 15, 2015

Steam World Dig

I don't like platformers, but I do like exploration games, so I didn't mind Steam World Dig. Game is like this: you're a robot who inherits his uncles mine (how that works is beyond me, but...) and, now that it's yours, you need to dig for the ore hidden below.
A digging fool!
Thats pretty much the whole game, dig through the ground, avoid animals that will hurt you, try not to fall too far, and come backup to sell your ore. The more ore you sell, the higher your level gets and the better equipment you can buy to dig with. There is a very slight puzzling aspect, given you often need to approach items from the right way in order to get to them, but actually terming this game a "puzzler" would be a large leap.

Despite the platforming aspect I found myself enjoying the game and the price is definitely right at 2.75. This one get a 7/10, not much there, but it's nice looking, well built, more fun than I expected, and cheap.



No comments:

Post a Comment