Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ultimate WoW Tank


Typically most of my World of Warcraft play is focused on leveling my Draenei Shaman so I can actually join my guild on raids. I have become quite fond of my blue Shaman but I kind of wish I had made my main toon a Draenei Paladin.

I have a Blood Elf Paladin alt that is a load of fun to play except I don't really like playing horde. I prefer alliance, mainly because most people who play alliance are older players like myself. Still that Paladin can do and take some damage and the only time I die is a result of being sloppy due to overconfidence.

Having spent a significant amount of time playing the two characters I am coming to the conclusion that a Draenei Paladin would be a force to contend with and could very well be the ultimate raid tank. For those of you who don't play WoW a tank is they player that goes out and draws all the enemies shielding the rest of the team so they can focus on dealing out damage instead of surviving. Paladins are known for being able to absorb punishment like a sponge and have healing abilities to build up health as it is taken down. In fact the few times my Paladin dies is simply because he ran out of mana and couldn't heal myself. Now the Draenei race have descent strength, stamina, and intellect stats right out of the gate, combine that with some natural Shadow Resistance, and an additional mana free healing ability the 'Gift of Naaru' the Drainei Paladin would be very very hard to take down.

No comments:

Post a Comment