Tuesday, April 7, 2009

More isn't Better DC Comics

The other day I was in the local comic book store and noticed there was a new Flash Comic out. I always liked the Wally West Flash so grabbed it thinking he got a new series. Well nooo this is about Barry Allen who returned to life or escaped the "Speed Force" in DCs last Crisis series, Final Crisis. So now we 4 flashes running around and I personally have no clue what the hell is going on.

Flash #1: Jeff Garrik who use to be in an alternate earth but is now on ours (this happened in one of the other Crisis series but I don't remember how)

Flash #2: Barry Allen, the Silver Age flash and probably the most well known flash. This guy apparently died in Crisis of Infinite Earths but was really just trapped in the Speed Force thing but just escaped so guess what he's back.

Flash #3: Wally West, use to be Kid Flash but become the Flash after Barry Allen died.

Flash #4: Bart Allen, who is apparently related to Barry Allen but from the future or something stupid like that.

The whole rational behind Crisis on Infinite Earths was to clean up the complexity in the DC universe and restore some manageable sense on continuity. This was a necessary and good thing as concept of all these parallel earths with slightly different versions of the same heroes was dumb. However, compared to what they have now it was clean and logical. Crisis on Infinite Earths sold very well so they had to have more Crisis crossovers and more Crisis Crossovers till you have a completely messed up earth with 4 flashes and I don't even know how many Supermen. DC has officially lost me as a reader, Batman RIP disenchanted me and now the results of Final Crisis have just pissed me off.

Of course I still haven't forgiven them for making my favorite hero at the time, Hawk (Hank Hall) the Monarch.

2 comments:

  1. LOL, dude it's been close to 20 years, let Hawk go. Don't make me tell you that Monarch was better then Hawk anyway.

    ReplyDelete