Tuesday, April 7, 2009

More Left 4 Dead Stuff

So, keeping in line with Darcy's last post, I thought I'd share a couple of things about this great game (I hate Boomers too).

First, I love this video about Francis, sums up his contribution to the game perfectly. All the characters in the game have great personalities, but Francis is worth a special mention; he's miserable and complains about everything, plus, his back and forth with Bill is usually worth a good laugh. When I play I generally go as Bill, never fails to amaze me how, no matter what happens, Bill never drops his cigarette, and I've seen him get hit with a car (not "by a car", "with a car").

 

Only other thing I'm going to add here today is a little tidbit I recently picked up during my online searches. We are going to be getting some new content for the game released on April 21, this is taken directly from www.left4dead411.com:

The free Survival Pack adds the new Survival game mode, where players are given time to dig in before fending off unceasing zombie hordes in an attempt to survive as long as possible. Survival Mode is played on 12 new maps--11 being sections of existing levels and 1 created especially for Survival Mode, Lighthouse.

The Survival Pack also brings Versus mode to the final two co-op campaigns, Dead Air and Death Toll. This release coincides with the release of Left 4 Dead: Critics Choice Edition, which contains the original game plus the Survival Pack. 

As stated in the first line, this is going to be free for everyone who already owns the game, I hate having to pay for DLC. I'm really looking forward to the survival mode, but I am a little disappointed that we're not getting any new scenarios, especially considering this video depicting a level matching the mall in Dawn of the Dead. How cool would that be?

No comments:

Post a Comment