Friday, March 6, 2009

Inaugural Post and Warcraft Edict

Decided to start this blog so I had to place to comment on my geeky fixations. I did a few posts on my other blog but they just don't fit the theme there; in fact, I think the ramblings here are the counter opposite of what I'm trying to prove at the other blog.

Any who, anyone who knows me knows I've developed a huge World of Warcraft addiction. Yes I'm a bit late jumping on the WoW band wagon but in the past I've avoided rpgs as I related them to, thanks to Final Fantasy, 20 minutes of flashy videos with little game play. I apologize to all the Final Fantasy addicts out there nothing against you, my wife is Final Fantasy fan, but I hate that video game series. Consequently, I've always leaned towards first person shooters until my loving wife bought me an World of Warcraft battlechest for Christmas. I installed it thinking I would play it a bit so my wife didn't think she gave me a lame present but fully intended to shove it aside for other geeky pursuits but after a couple hours of game play I became hopelessly addicted and as a result spend a lot of my free time in the virtual WoW landscape, which leads me to a couple comments on WoW edict. Now I do want to disclaim this; I play on a Role Playing server not a Player versus Player server so have no clue what proper edict is on a PvP server.

Killing the Quest Givers:
Dude if your a level 80 something or another and raiding please resist the urge to run up and kill the quest giver when a level 10 something or another is trying to get or turn in a quest. It's just annoying and ruins the game for those starting out.

Dueling:
If for what ever reason you want to duel someone who is a more than 2 levels below you don't just run up and challenge over and over. I would suggest asking and offering a little silver.

If you want to duel someone don't wait from them to finish fighting a MOB where their health is low and then challenge them or hit them with a spell that negatively effects their abilities and then challenge them. This morning I was running down a road and some one hits me with this spell that weakens my attack power and then runs up and issues a duel challenge;, what an Ass! Also if you lose a duel don't swear at the person who kicked your ass or make comments like, "If I was your level I'd beat you no problem". One don't challenge someone higher than you if your going to be a suck and two don't be a dick!

Stealing the Boss/Quest Item:
This happens so much that it drives me crazy. You spend a tonne of time clearing a path through the mobs and then some putz runs through your cleared path and kills the boss or takes the quest item while your busy taking out the last couple mobs. Yes this can be an accident but it happens so often I don't believe it can always be excused as a mistake. If it's obvious that the person in front of you making your trip easier is after the same thing as you ask them if they mind grouping so you don't have to wait for a respawn or just suck it up and wait. Still feel free to take advantage of the cleared path to the respawn spot after all it would be stupid not to.

Well that's enough Warcraft ramble next post I plan to hopefully review The Watchmen movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment