Monday, April 12, 2010

Kick Ass

With the movie coming out this week I recently had to make the choice on whether or not to read the comic or watch it first; I of course opted to read it first. In a word, decent.

In more than 'a' word, I thought it was a really decent read. I won't spoil anything, either read the book or watch the movie on the 16th, but if you've read the comic already you might be wondering if you should bother seeing the movie and, in another word, I would say yes.

I don't think there will be many major deviations from the comic, but that is exactly why I'm going to go see the movie, I want to know if they take the pivotal moment of the story and ruin the entire theme, AKA "Hollywood it", or if the leave the plot intact and deliver the intended message. Obviously I'm hoping they leave it intact, but I won't be holding my breath.

Also, being that the comic was a bit light on dialog I'm hoping to see some clever writing, some funny lines, a little quirkiness to round it out. Comics can make a very good movie platform and I could see this being very good or very bad, I don't see much room for middle ground on it.

Anyhoo, to wrap things up, I recommend reading the comic at the very least and I hope I can recommend the movie a week from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment