Monday, April 26, 2010

Comic Book Movies and Lou Ferrigno

This weekend I broke my blue ray ownership virginity and bought Iron Man. I totally forgot how awesome that movie was but sadly the same can't be said for all comic books turned movies. As a comic book nerd you would think I would love any movie based on a comic but you know I found that I don't like most of them. I'm to lazy to get into why I didn't like them as there's a lot of reasons some of them due to the fact I simply don't like the comic series. However, the following are some movies based of comics that I did like:

Iron Man - Downey is the perfect Tony Stark
Kick Ass - Different then the comic but concept of Hit Girl still broke new ground
Sin City - I just liked Marv
The Incredible Hulk (2008) - Not great but compared to the earlier attempt this was gold
The Punisher: War Zone - Captured the essence of the Punisher perfectly
The Punisher (1989) - Dolph actually worked as the Punisher
Batman (1989) - Keaton was the best batman and still is
The Crow - I might not like this movie as much today but at the time wow
V for Vendetta - I like most things with Natalie Portman in them

There might be one or two more but in a nut shell those are the only reasons I'm remotely excited about Iron Man 2, Thor, Green Lantern, and Captain America. Well I'm also excited about Thor due to the fact Natalie Portman is listed as Jane Foster.

When I think of Thor I think of The Incredible Hulk Returns which makes me think of Lou Ferrigno which lead me to the following golden you tube finds.





No comments:

Post a Comment