Friday, April 9, 2010

Overrated - Gerard Butler


I want to start this off that stating that I'm not just writing this because my wife has a Gerard Butler fixation .... hang on maybe I am because due to that fixation I find myself watching 3 times as many movies with Gerard Butler than I'd like.

To date I've had the misfortune of viewing:


Of which the only one I thought was worth my time was Reign of Fire ... yes Reign of Fire. Any movie that features Matthew McConaughey, getting swallowed whole during his heroic attack can't be all bad. All right, upon further consideration Beowulf & Grendel was pretty good if you can over look the complete lack of budget they must have had for makeup when putting together the trolls.


I don't Gerard Butler is horrible I just think he''s overrated and I am tired of seeing shit movie after shit movie get theater time because his name is tagged to it. Gerard has one role he's meant to play and that's an ass kicker, not a funny quirky romantic lead. Yes 300 blew chunks but it wasn't his fault that blame can only be placed on building a movie off a weak and I do mean weak Frank Miller graphic novel. I loved Sin City but 300 was boring in novel and movie form.

The worst of the movies listed had to be P.S. I love you. How is someones plan to torment their grieving wife with mysterious letters and notes for months or was it years after their death freaking romantic. My god let the woman move on. The Ugly Truth had to be a close 2nd, really it almost makes All About Steve look good.

Point is I propose we all boycott any romantic comedy Gerard makes and force the man to look to his strengths which is kick ass tough guy not miss understood male who seems like pig but is really a good guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment