Monday, September 22, 2014

Cradle of Rome

Cradle of Rome has been in my library for a long time, one I've rarely played, but always enjoyed when I do; after I installed it I killed an hour without even realizing it, and have been playing it continuously for the last 4 days. I don't care what kind of game I enjoy, fun is fun!

I think what appeals to me most about this game is the fact that puzzles make you feel a bit more like you're accomplishing something:

Matching tiles FTW!
Completing the screens gives you resources which can be used to buy buildings for your city (Rome, duh!) and buying the buildings give you better resources and bonuses for the puzzles which get harder and harder to complete; it's the type of self fulfilling interaction that true addiction is built upon.

This is getting an 8/10, highest marks possible for a casual puzzler. If you manage to find this on sale and need a decent way to kill a few hours you could do much worse. Carpe diem to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment