Thursday, September 11, 2014

Amazing Adventures The Lost Tomb

Amazing Adventures The Lost Tomb was another member of the PopCap bundle from a few years back. There is a whole genre of the point and click puzzle games that appeal to some people (my wife loves them) and while I do see why people enjoy them, I generally prefer a bit more action in my games

I took this screencap from Steam
Gameplay is pretty basic, you're given a picture with a jumble of junk and they ask you to pick out certain items (the screenshot above demonstrates this perfectly); find all the items and they give you a puzzle to solve so you can get the next picture; rinse and repeat.

I've played a couple of these games but I don't believe I've ever finished them, I tend to get bored when I'm not creating bullet sized ventilation holes in anything, so I may not be the best individual to judge these games, but I think this is the best game it can be given it's own rules. The only thing I can complain about is sometimes the names of object can be a bit obscure, I mean who the hell knows what a "Radiator Key" is in this day and age, but I think they did that on purpose to add at least a little difficulty to it.

I'm going to put this as a 6/10, perfect for a casual game (with an ok price tag at 4.99), no story to bog down or game mechanics to get fowled up, but not enticing enough to be interesting to a wide scope of people or for very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment