Friday, September 19, 2014

Brutal Legend

I don't think I have to tell anyone what Brutal Legend is by now. I picked this one up as part of the Double Fine Humble Bundle and have been meaning to try it out and this seemed like as good a time as any. Steam calls this an Adventure game and I can't dispute that name.


The opus of Tim Schafer, meant to make Jack Black relevant again, it's a hack and slash fest with a great soundtrack and no end of humor; unfortunately the control scheme sucks. Targeting is the biggest pain I've ever encountered, your character just runs off and does his own thing, especially frustrating when you're trying to grab your partner for a team attack; one of the first things you do is build a car, which turns into the worst driving experience I've ever had, it's just plain painful. And don't even get me started on the guitar solo's.

I want to like this game, I'm enjoying the story, but I don't know if I'll be able to force my way through to the end. At this time my rating is a 4/10 and that's boosted due to the soundtrack and cute chick animations. I should also point out it's been 2 weeks since I started this game and I haven't been able to convince myslef to go back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment