Wednesday, September 10, 2014

And Yet It Moves

Man, do I hate me some platforming and that's all And Yet It Moves is. To be fair, it's a neat little game with a cool art concept that requires you to guide your little paper dude through a paper world, using not just jumping and running, but actually rotating the entire map to meet your ends. I'm a little torn with this one, it's well thought out and fairly unique, something Indie gaming should be rife with, but often falls short on.

Fuck you and your platforming little paper dude
Individual levels are generally not that long and you get unlimited chances to complete each level, each death jumps you back to the last checkpoint (as marked by the semi visible paper dude on the side in the screencap).

I don't think I'm the best judge for this game to be honest, I just can't deal with the jumping and running, Crash Bandicoot burnt the platform out of me in the 90's. I'm giving this a 6/10, the game seems well made and it's got a great style and concept, just not my type.

No comments:

Post a Comment