Thursday, January 28, 2010

On-Line Gaming

At the onset of the new year I made a few decisions about how I'll live life for the next 365 days, one of which being I was going to spend more time gaming online. Now it is true that the very act of playing Warcraft is an online experience but I much prefer the calmer PvE (Player vs Environment) servers where I can pit myself against technology instead of other people, I have also spent some time in PvP battlegrounds and playing multi player shooters like Left 4 Dead, but all in all I'd rather enjoy a campaign against a machine than deal with other people I mean, c'mon, at the end of the day that's why I play video games, to get away from people.

To this end I'm going to start participating in more PUGS (Pick Up Groups), I'm currently trying to level a Priest doing nothing but battlegrounds, and I intend to not only log more Steam time with Left 4 Dead 1 + 2, I'm also intending on getting online with Bioshock 2 and hopefully Dead Rising 2.

To date I have had a wide mix of experiences doing this, some good, some bad, a few neutral, but I think I've benefited from them all. I may like solitude and want to continue in it, but realistically I can't hide in it forever, so I may as well embrace it in a form I'm comfortable with, digitized data.It's good to get outside your comfort zone occasionally, it's the only way you'll grow.

By the by, this won't include more time on Facebook or a Twitter account, they're both bastardized forms of emotional crutches and I would encourage everyone to seriously analyze why they spend time there.


No comments:

Post a Comment