Thursday, January 21, 2010

Best Game of 2009

2009 wasn't what I would call a stellar year for gaming, most of the games I was looking forward to got pushed off until this year, early 2010, and the rest ended up kind of flopping.

If you want to know the single game I spent the most time with last year I don't think there's any question that it would be World of Warcraft, however I don't think that's a surprise to anyone. Having said that, I can't say it was the most fun, to be quite honest the game turns into a bit of work at times, grinding professions and quests to get to the high points. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game and well worth playing, but not the outright pure fun that you might imagine.

As for shooters, I actually spent a lot of time playing Call of Duty 2, however I did find the time and means to get into Left 4 dead 2, a great game, but not ground breaking enough to really warrant a lot of talk. A really solid game, no question about it, and the melee weapon were a great addition, along with the new special infected, however it made the first one feel like more of an expanded beta than a real game, and in the end I miss Bill and Francis damn it!

I think for a good fun game that kills endless hours with a decent price tag there was only one game released last year that truly fits that bill, Plants vs Zombies. The game was just good; easy to learn, fun to play, engaging, suitable for any age group, and totally without pretension. Top that off with the most entertaining music video I've seen since the 1980's (The Guild video doesn't count, it's a totally different animal, a class all it's own if you will) and you've got a winner. I had to complete the game in order to get to view it, but for you're pleasure here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment