Thursday, August 13, 2009

WoW Recruit a Friend Experient Update

Back near the end of June I decided to mess around with the World of Warcraft recruit a friend program to see if I could take advantage of it's many benefits. I did this two ways:

1) I actually recruited a friend (aka Rob)
2) I set up a 2nd account for myself to dual box

It's been over 50 days now so I thought I would share the results and offer my opinion.

First off for me I don't enjoy dual boxing at all. True I don't have the addons and software to control two warcraft sessions with single key assignments but I still don't think dual boxing is something I'll do much in the future. I find I'm to worried about controlling two characters and not enjoying the actual game. However, doing recruit a friend with a real life friend is loads of fun. Rob and I have had great fun running in circles and flirting with Night Elfs and Draenei. My little Gnome is a don juan.

I tend to play Alliance when I play with Rob because he doesn't care for playing Horde. Therefore, I'm trying to level Horde with my own 2nd account. So far I've accomplished the following thanks to the recruit a friend benefits. On my main account I've leveled a Night Elf Rogue to 49, a Gnome Warrior to 51, a Human Paladin to 34, a Human Mage to 26, a Draenei Hunter to 18, and a Gnome Warlock to 16. I literally have leveled the Warlock using the Grant a level feature on my 2nd account. For the Horde on my main account I now have a Tauren Warrior at 8, a Tauren Druid at 10, and an Undead Warlock at 16. For the Alliance on my 2nd account I have a Dwarf Hunter at 19, a Night Elf Druid at 18, and a Human Rogue at 10. For Horde on my 2nd account I have a Troll Hunter at 8. During this time more than a few characters have been created and deleted so this is my current standing. As you can tell I have spent a lot more time on the Alliance side and could be further along if I didn't spend so much time gearing up for Battlegrounds and trying to keep up on my professions (this I gave up on).

When using triple XP and Grant a Level benefits you fly through the levels so fast that if you don't have a high level main supplying your guys with money you won't be able to keep up on my training never mind gear. There is no way to earn money as fast as you can earn XP. I actually just created a Horde Death Knight purely for the purpose of earning money to hand down to my hordie characters.

The Triple XP and Grant a Level boast is sweet but the benefit I use the most is the Summon Friend ability. As you might have guess this benefit lets you summon your friend once an hour. I use this all the time with my 2nd account to cut back on the travel time on those annoying quests designed to force lower players to get flight paths. I hate running or flying for 10 minutes so the summon friend ability is sweet. Specially if you have a main in Dalaran who can port to any of the main cities.

All in all I think the cost of a 2nd account was worth it for 3 months. I'm hoping to have 4 level 60 Alliance characters and at least 2 level 60 Horde characters with a 19 and 29 twink for both factions when all is said and done. I'll comment more on the program when I'm done at the end of September.

Oh yeah the Zebra mount is huge and has a big ass. My Gnome looks a little goofy riding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment