Thursday, August 20, 2009

Guild Invites

I'm really getting sick of getting guild invitations thrust on me everywhere I go in Azeroth. I walk into Stormwind City, I've whispers; I quest in Westfall, I get whispers and a guild invitation thrust on my screen, I walk into the bank in Iron Forge and I've got whispers and general invites. I'm really kind of fed up about it.

I understand that some people can't envision doing anything without that feeling of "being a part of something bigger than myself", and that's what guilds are made for. I also understand the benefits of being in a guild, the banks, the access to high level members for runs, the cool tabards. Finally, I can understand why people want to get more individuals in their guilds, and, to be honest, I was rather intrigued by the concept of being in an all Dwarven guild with my hunter, but you know what? Enough!

Instead of doing dumb things like making a 1.5 second cast on my exorcism, maybe Blizzard should be doing something good, like giving guildies their own bulletin board where you can post you're wish to recruit members. You go into a capital city and see who's recruiting if you want and if not, oh well, your loss. Unsolicited invites should be a complete no-no!

Again, I have to say, I have no problem with guilds, however if I want to be in one I'll go looking for one. As I've said many times, I'm in the game for myself, not companionship. If I wanted to be hanging around with other people I'd be with my family, or at least someone I actually know. I don't have a problem with guilds, I'm actually in two of them, but I hate spam!

Long story short, not everyone wants to be in a guild so if you whisper and get ignored, take the hint.

No comments:

Post a Comment