Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Blackest Night: Early Comments

I finally worked my way through most of the Blackest Night comics that have been released so far.

There were 3 issues of "Blackest Night: Tales of the Green Lantern Corps" with these they are doing short background stories of different Lanterns (Green, Red, Blue, ...). Then I read "Green Lantern" #44, "Green Lantern Corps" #39, and "Blackest Night" #1 and #2.

All I can say is wow talk about shaking up the DC Universe: almost as much as what went down in the original Crisis of Infinite Earths.

So far the black lantern rings are finding every dead hero and bring them back as Undead Black Lanterns and I am thrilled to see Hank Hall the original Hawk in comics again: even if he is evil and undead. The undead Black Lanterns are using peoples hearts to charge the rings so this of coarse means ripping the heart out of the chest. Then said now heartless victim becomes a undead lantern them self. Big complex story but so far the death toll includes; Aqua-Lad, Hawkwoman, Hawkman, ... and others that I'm probably forgetting.

I'm just touching on this today as it's to early into a complex story to review it fully but so far I like it. I have heroes, zombies, and Hank Hall how can I not like.

No comments:

Post a Comment