Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Deadliest Warrior Season 2

A new season of Deadliest Warrior is on, new warriors, new weapons, and a slightly new format.

The big problem I had with the show was the bickering between the "experts' in the respective fields; sure you're confident, but I'm not interested in thinly veiled aggression. It was to the point that the show was moving past the pseudo-documentary stage and into the reality TV drama that pisses me off so much.

Although they didn't remove it completely I am thrilled to say that it has been cut back and largely replaced with something I can deal with, grudging respect. In the last few episodes I have heard pretty much every team say something to the effect of "OK, that was cool, but take a look at this!" If you want me to believe these guys are actually professional then you have to deliver some professional courtesy, something they seem to now be doing.

They still haven't addressed all their experimental issues, largely ignoring scientific process, but I can deal with that for the most part as long as I don't have to listen to childish bickering. I also have to say I can buy into all their results this season, at least what I've seen so far.

I don't watch a lot of TV but I make sure I watch this every week; much to my pleasure the boy has become a fan as well, it's the only time I see him awake without his DS in hands. How can you argue with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment