Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Room .. WTF

A couple weeks ago my buddy Mo came over for cigar and movie night. He picked the movies and for some reason decided we should watch two movies scoffed on the internet as two of the worst movies made: The Room and Postal. I elected to watch The Room first as Postal is a Uwe Boll movie a man with an internet petition to get him to stop making movies. If you haven't done it please go to, http://www.stopuweboll.org/, now and do some good for mankind. Anyway knowing this I thought The Room would be a better movie and thus prepare me for the real shit.

Well my friends I was wrong, Tommy Wiseau, managed to make a movie that made Uwe Boll look like a genius. There is some debate on whether it was intentionally that bad and meant to be a comedy or spoof but you know what I'm pretty sure that wasn't the original intent.

I actually have trouble identifying why it's such a bad movie as everything thing is bad, editing, acting, dialogue, directing, cinematography, .... really nothing and I mean nothing positive. It looks like something a couple elementary school kids slapped together ... no that would be giving it to much credit as they would probably attempt a story flow that made sense.

Here's an example for your viewing pleasure and there's lots more on youtube.



Notice the football, if you watch the movie it will really really annoy you later.

2 comments:

  1. Having also watched this movie all I can say is everything you say is true and more! However it did spawn this little gem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkEQbf74aDU&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete
  2. All right that's pure gold. I like how it looks like they are reading from a script.

    ReplyDelete