Friday, February 12, 2010

Puppy Tweets

I have no love for social networking, Facebook is at best a voyeuristic tool for people with no lives and Twitter is complete twaddle; I said it, I meant it, I'm here to represent it. Now on the other hand I do love my dog, Charlie! I'm pretty sure the Pug is the ideal lifeform, and if it isn't I don't need to know what is. Which leaves me torn with how to describe the utter inanity of the idea of Puppy Tweets, is this social networking at it's worst or humanity at it's most ridiculous?

As stated earlier, I really really like my dog, but I wouldn't bother to check Tweets from my best buddy guy Darcy, his lifestyle just isn't exciting enough for me to wonder if he's out buying groceries at this moment, so I really don't think I need to check Twitter to find out if my dog is still licking his crotch or if he's hungry; I know from experience that chances are yes to both.

At the end of the day I can't really blame Mattel, they're just trying to make a few bucks, the same as everyone else. I would have to lay this directly at the feet of the masses of people who follow trends mindlessly and just do what everyone else is doing, whether it makes sense or not. Having said that though, let me leave you with this thought: Traditionally shepherds have used dogs to drive the sheep, I guess some things never change, the only difference is that now the shepherd is named Mattel.

No comments:

Post a Comment