Friday, September 18, 2009

Left 4 Dead Crash Course

I believe what we are seeing here is a case of Valve doing a little bit of backpedaling. After the uproar over the announced Left 4 Dead 2 they have decided to throw people a bone and will be releasing some new DLC for the first one. The whispers on the Internet seem to be indicating that we'll be receiving it starting September 23.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to Left 4 Dead 2, sounds like they've got some cool things going on in there, such as melee weapons and infected wearing hazmat suits made of asbestos; nothing like finding out you Molotov Cocktail just became obsolete. Having said that though, I have never supported the choice to change the characters, I think there is a lot of story left to play with Francis, Louis, Bill, and Zoey, but life goes on doesn't it?

L4D Crash Course is going to tie together No Mercy and Death Toll, showing how the intrepid 4 go from a helicopter rescue from the hospital rooftop to being abandoned on a highway in the middle of nowhere, cool! The current complaint I have is this release seems to be a bit more geared towards the vs aspect of the game, where players take on the role of infected against other players, something I've never cared for. On top of that it's supposed to be streamlining some of the survival levels, again, something that I could live without; me and Darcy found a comfort zone with it and even thrived in the survivals for a short time, but in the end I'd rather gain ground and accomplish something.

There you have it in an nutshell, L4D is getting a new campaign to tide you over until L4D 2 hits the proverbial shelves (except for our friends in Australia that is, although to be fair the game hasn't been banned there, they've just refused to give it classification, thereby rendering it unsaleable down under), and the download is completely free from Valve. That's right 100%, no strings attached, absolutely free!

Unless you bought the 360 version, then it's going to cost you 560 Microsoft points to get the new DLC. Yes once again XBox live has decided to go for the gusto and put a qualifier the free term. Screw you Xbox live! I try to support Microsoft, I mean what are your choices, either give your money to Apple, HA!, or go Linux, and after working with Linux let me quote something I heard long ago and fully support "Linux is worth your time if your time is worthless.", but it's not always easy.

But I digress. Once again, good news for L4D players, the zombies, they need- a-killin'! So a-killin' I will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment