Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Avengers Movie

While this is still a ways away I can't help but get a little caught up int he excitement of it. Marvel has been doing a spectacular job with their movies lately and the up coming ones are looking to be on the same vein (Captain America and Thor).

We recently found out that Joss Whedon is going to be directing the movie and I think I'm happy with that. I'm not a total fanboy, but I have enjoyed most of the stuff he has been responsible for creating; the only thing I haven't had a full appreciation for would be his X-Men writing, having never been an X-person/group fan I never read any of it. Having said that, I fully respect that it may also be good, but Serenity and Firefly are pretty good endorsements on their own.

The bigger thing that got me interested though was the possibility of the Infinity Gauntlet being the main plot point. Now this is very likely a leading rumor just to throw people of the scent of the real plot, but in my opinion this would be the very, absolute best thing for the movie. It would probably also mean the inclusion of Thanos as the villain, how cool would that be?

It's very likely we won't ever see the gauntlet or Thanos, but it will still probably be a good movie. And who knows, sometimes cool shit happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment