Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Playing My Game Library

Over the last few years I have accumulated quite a library of games, mostly in Steam, but for my assorted consoles as well.With the regular Steam sales and the incredible deals offered by the good people at Humble Bundle I suddenly realized I have close to 350 games between Steam and Origin alone; of the games I've probably only installed about a quarter of them, played maybe a half of those, and completed maybe 10%.

Now, to be fair, I have gotten almost all these games at incredible deals, most were purchased at 75% off, and many of them in the 80-90% off range, so, while my game value is massive my actual investment is not nearly as high; taking Humble Bundle purchases into account I likely paid half of what the calculator is estimating for the sale price. On top of that, games I paid full price for, or close to full price, were almost always played and completed so I'm not out a great deal of , but I'm still left feeling incomplete.

I have now set a new goal for myself, I'm going to play every game in my library, starting with Steam, moving to Origin, catching anything DRM free in my Humble Library, and then moving on to my consoles and do a write up on each one, posting them here. Most of these games are older so I don't plan on doing a review of them, just a run down on my thoughts and feelings about each title. My hope is to find some good ones that I never knew I had, but mainly to once and for all feel like I'm getting value out of my purchases, and, by writing down my experience, be able to make intelligent, informed, comments when ultimately asked "Is 'Insert Game Title' game any good?"

I have no idea how long this will take to complete, some of these games are huge, and, considering the scope of my project, I may or may not replay games I've already played through, I'll take those one at a time, but I'm intending to see this through to the bitter end!

No comments:

Post a Comment